1 bed apartments Peace of mind extra-care services to buy into
1 bed new build apartments for 55+ at Cheviot Gardens
Share value: 40% - £147,000
Full price: £367,500
This scheme has the added financial benefit that allows you to own 75% share without paying any rent on the remaining 25%, which could free up extra equity to enjoy life now.
Whether you fancy afternoon tea, dancing, flower arranging or going for a swim, you will find all this and more in West Norwood. Visit the Portico Gallery, a hub of activity, for tea dances, singing workshops, film afternoons and yoga, as well as art exhibitions and installations. You could try your hand at flower arranging, line dancing, tai chi and other activities with the Norwood Pensioners Group at the Old Library Centre.
The Older Person Shared Ownership (opso) scheme is for people aged 55 or over who are otherwise unable to afford to buy a home suitable to their needs. The scheme is similar to Shared Ownership and enables you to buy a 75% share of the home or apartment.
Call us today to chat about your housing options and how a home at Cheviot Gardens can suit your needs.
*Details of care package and service charge available on request.
**Images are a mix of computer generated images of Cheviot Gardens and show home photography of previous Notting Hill show home The Exchange, intended for illustrative purposes only.
The West Norwood Health & Leisure Centre, approximately 0.3 miles away, is fully equipped with a gym and swimming pool and offers a range of classes from beginners to advanced level. They also have special rates for the over 55s.
The modern, newly built homes are set within a lovely residential area with many local amenities to enjoy with friends and family, including shops and cafés, restaurants, a library, church and green spaces at Norwood Park and Streatham Common. West Norwood station is just a short walk from the property.
The single level, self-contained apartments have an open plan living room and kitchen, and benefit from outdoor space. The apartments border onto a state of the art extra care facility from which you can subscribe to care packages* if you want to. All residents will also have access to tranquil landscaped gardens, a communal lounge and café. You can opt-in for a range of activities and classes (charges may apply).
Cheviot Gardens is the ideal setting to live a fully independent life, secure in the knowledge that you can opt into additional services and adapt your home to suit your needs.
Tranquil landscaped gardens
Cafe, restaurant and relaxing lounge
Communal it suite
Priority will be given to people who live or work in Lambeth, and then to people from other areas.
Please contact us if you need more information.
- White linen kitchen units with brushed nickel handles
- Worktop Pewter Pebblestone Surf
- Timber effect flooring in La Mancha Oak
- Zanussi four zone ceramic electric cook top
- Zanussi conventional oven stainless steel
- Stainless steel hood above cook top
- Zanussi white fridge freezer, A+ energy rating
- Zanussi white washer-dryer
- Timber effect flooring in La Mancha Oak to living areas
- Haywood Twist carpet in wheat to bedrooms
- In-built wardrobes in some apartments (Flats 10,11,16 & 17 have no in-built wardrobes)
- TV points and cable points are located in the master bedroom and living room*
Bathroom / En-suite
- Tiled Johnson City Touchstone Range, soft pebble matt to floor
- Tiled Johnson City Touchstone Range, white to walls
- Chrome finish Vado mixers to basin, bath and, where applicable, shower
- Glass screens to white bath and, where applicable, to white shower tray
- Semi-concealed Roca Laura basin
- Walls and ceiling painted, - Dulux Vinyl Matt pure white
- Internal window frames painted white
- Internal doors in satin white
- Hall flooring timber effect flooring in La Mancha Oak White curtain battens to all windows
- Downlights in kitchen and bathroom and pendant lights in living and bedrooms
*Customers are responsible for decoding equipment and subscription services.
*Details of care package and service charge tbc.
*Limited parking is available and will be allocated to certain apartments at £10,000