McCarthy & Stone - Swinden Court,
Prices from £157,999 to £214,999
Images may include optional upgrades at additional cost
This is one of two stylish developments coming to Darlington. Our other development is Emerson Court, visit the webpage for further details and to register your interest.
Located in the historic market town of Darlington our modern Retirement Living development is the ideal option for those seeking accommodation in the beautiful area of County Durham.
This modern development offers a collection of 17 stylish one bedroom apartments and 15 spacious two bedroom apartments exclusively for those over the age of 60.
As well as you owning a beautiful apartment to be proud of, this development will provide everything you would expect from a McCarthy and Stone Retirement Living development.
- A great location, immediately outside of Darlington town centre
- A wide range of local amenities within walking distance of the development
- Stanhope Park is located close by and hosts a number of community events throughout the year
- A beautifully decorated homeowners' lounge for socialising and relaxing with friends and neighbours
- Fully maintained landscaped gardens for you to enjoy
- A house manager is on hand to provide you with help and support should you need it at any time during the day
- A comfortable guest suite for when friends and family visit*
- Fully fitted kitchens and bathrooms
- 24 hour emergency call system and secure video entry
Key dates for your diary
Planning has been approved and construction start date, sales release and first occupation are still to be confirmed.
A small and ancient market town located on the River Skerne, Darlington is known for being the birthplace of the world’s railways and was the terminus of the first ever passenger line.
Providing a solid base from which to explore the moors and dales as well as the rugged Pennine Way, it is perfect for nature lovers and offers homeowners the chance to view many natural beauty spots.
Historically the town contains some of the most important Early English churches in the north of the country – including the 12th Century St. Cuthbert’s – and you can still see ancient styles in the architecture which was influenced by the local Quaker families and the wider Victorian era.
Darlington also hosts a weekly outdoor market and a thriving indoor market which is found beneath the town clock on Prebend Row – also home to the Cornmill Shopping Centre which provides the main retail opportunities for the town.
The local market square is also one of the biggest in the country and there are plenty of modern activities for homeowners to enjoy, including sport, leisure, entertainment and dining.
See for yourself
If you would like to investigate the quality and atmosphere of a McCarthy & Stone development, visit our closest site to this development at Ryebeck Court, Pickering.
If you are using a Sat Nav system you may need the full address of this development. The postcode is newly created by Royal Mail and may not be accurate for some months.